Personal Blog and Miniature Game Journal

How I got more paint on my thumb than on the figure and learned to love it!

A blog about miniature wargames, miniature painting and related geeky topics.


Saturday, February 4, 2012

Quick HotT battles

Recently, I met up with Chip and Blake for some DBA 2.2 playtesting.  DBA has been around a long time and I have always thought the rules were about as solid that they will ever be.  Then again, most people thought the same about D&D at one time and yet Wizards of the Coast has plans to create Dungeons and Dragons v5.0 next year.  Anyway, Blake was late getting to the game so Chip and I filled the time with a quick game of Hordes of the Things (HotT).

I didn't bring my "League of the Scarlet Falcon" army so I had to mix and match some of Chip's stands.  He had a incomplete army of purple colored Dark Elves blades and knights.  I re-designated the knights as heroes and the price bump made a nice even 24-point army.  Chip took his usual High Elf army.

Unfortunately, we had to setup on a small bistro table.  And the nice smooth tabletop made the figures slide around like they were drunk hockey players.  Measuring and moving the pieces was a challenge but we made the best of it.
Battle Lines

Chip's High Elf Battle Mage

My line of Dark Elf Blades


I think we were able to put together two complete games before Blake showed up.  Poor die rolls killed me in the first game but I was able win the second.  That made for a satisfying session of gaming. 

1 comment: