Skip to main content

Moving Out and Millennium 17



My wife and I have decided to sell our house and move into a new one. Hopefully, a place with more space, easier commute to work, a better kitchen and, fingers crossed, an awesome Game Room!!

Our house sold in just a few hours after we put it on the market. We will be closing at the end of this month. But, we haven't found a beautiful new house yet, so we'll be in an apartment for awhile.

It's an inconvenience, but it is all in the process of moving to a better home. The sad part is I'll have to put all the miniatures and games in storage until further notice! That's disappointing because I am not sure how long we will be in an apartment situation. Gaming, painting, and modelling for the next few weeks will be limited.

Instead, my focus will be on this year's MillenniumCon convention! In case I haven't mentioned, I'm on the staff for Millennium 17, the premiere miniature wargaming convention in the state of Texas! We've had a change up in the staff this year with some long-time staff members getting a well earned retirement. The new staff has been hard at work assembling GMs to run games, finding vendors for the dealer room, and advertising for this year's event, etc. It's alot of work but I imagine it will be a very satisfying effort in the end. So, please check out the website, attend the convention if you can, and if you can't please spread the word. A random poster from The Miniatures Page forum called it, "One of the most gamer friendly cons out there!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog is going on a Permanent Vacation

Ok, I haven't had any comments on this blog on an post for many, many months. The only post that seems to get any traffic is my 2015 post about Star Fleet Battles.  I don't fully understand why that post has generated so much interest, while the rest of my content has been mostly ignored.  Clearly, this has not been an successful blog. I get much more traffic with my Facebook content and the YouTube channel is showing promise. Perhaps the subjects of my posts have been too random. I may need to focus on a specific game or subject. Maybe I didn't generate enough posts to keep the audience connected. Whatever the case, I am ending this blog with this final post.  I'm calling it a 'permanent vacation' because the blog and posts will still be here, though I will not be adding any new content. I might continue to comment on the SFB post since that is still generating traffic 3 years after it was published. To anyone who might still be reading, I say 'Thank

ReaperCon - Live Vlogging

Hey all! This year, I made the trip to ReaperCon in Denton, Texas.  This is new for me because I have never been to this convention and I am more focused on the gaming rather than the painting segment of the hobby. But I do want to improve my painting skills and learning from better painters is a way to improve. Another new challenge was that I decided to do a video blog of my experience at ReaperCon. aka a 'VLOG'.  This is a new way to share content with friends and hobbyists and it was exciting to try. And I was able to take the trip with my brother who lives out of state, that made it fun as well. We took classes, painted figs, took the factory tour, and entered the painting competition all in just three days! Below is the link to the VLOG playlist. Most the videos are less than 10 minutes long. All the videos together comes out to 56 minutes if you play them all in order. Enjoy!

Team Yankee Night

Our local Team Yankee community has a regular game night called 'Cold War Thursdays'. I was able to make it out to the store about a month ago. Chris had enough USMC figs to make a 75 point list for me to use. He took an equivalent West German force. We played out a NATO-v-NATO version of the Hasty Attack scenario. I am currently building a list that is heavy on Cobras and Hueys. Chris had plenty of air units to choose from. So, I grabbed all the Hueys and deployed them with a platoon of Marines loaded inside. The Leopards were absolutely deadly! The majority of my force was wiped out by three of them. My Humvees were the only unit that could even put a scratch on them. The Hueys were useful at moving troops forward quickly. I was able to drop the Marines nearby an objective. There was a squad of grenadiers inside a house close enough to still hold the objective. Except for the Leopards, most of the Germans were wiped out quickly. The Marines cleared the hou