Just a brief recap of my gaming projects of the year 2014:
LotR: Boromir (Fellowship Version) - 1
LotR: Numenorian Warriors - 12
LotR: Wood Elf Warriors - 10
LotR: Wood Elf Sentinel - 2
Warmaster: 3 High Elf Chariots, 1 unit
Warmaster: rehab 3 Giant Eagles, 1 unit
HotT: Sons of Liberty army: 1x Stronghold, 1x Spears
According to my BoardGameGeek profile I've played 50+ individual game sessions, which averages around one game per week. I guess that's normal. My most played game systems have been Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit SBG with 9 separate sessions and Flames of War with 5 sessions. I've played 20+ different games and most of them only once the entire year.
My goal for 2014 was to double the number of followers to a total of 16. Almost got there! Members updated to 13 total and 29 pluses from viewers on Google+, Published 19 posts for the year which was down from 25 in 2013. So, I need to get on it!
MillenniumCon was a huge part of my life this year. I may have over committed to that project. I designed and deployed the website, recruited vendors and invited people to run games. I was a big job! In 2015, my participation should be less as the staff should get more help this year.
I attended OwlCon in Houston, and helped manage the FoWSA Flames of War tournament in San Antonio and attended ChimeraCon in San Antonio.
The local gamers in town also held the first ever San Antonio Muster which was a one-day event of six different historical games.
Goals for 2015!
Painting and other projects:
I am so looking forward to building more armies this year! As with every year, I setup a priority list to help keep me focused and avoid any "shiny squirrels".
1st priority - *Must* be done by EOY
1. - Repaint the Warmaster High Elves, paint and base the new figs
2. - Build some winter terrain for use with Warmaster.
3. - Create a Flames of War - Glider Rifle Company
4. - Create a Flames of War - Early War army, possibly Japanese
5. - Paint the Battle of Five Armies game
6. - Build Bolt Action army
7. -SAGA warband
8. Christmas Village 2015
2nd priority - Good stuff, but not urgent.
1. - Build a table topper for modular game playing surface.
2. - Make dice tray
3. - Paint Native American HotT army
4. - Paint my new SoBaH warband
5. - Finish the HotT Empire Stronghold
6. - Paint the Mirkwood Rangers army for LotR; Add New Legolas figure; New Thranduil
7. - Paint the Misty Mountains Goblins for LotR
8. - Paint the The Hobbit Dwarves, Bilbo, Gandalf, and Radagast for LotR
9. - Paint a Moria Goblin army for LotR
10. - Paint a LotR army based around 2nd Age, using Elendil, Elrond, Thranduil, Numenorians, Gil-Galad, Rumil.
11. - Paint a LotR army based around Arwen with Rivendell Knights.
12. - Paint Numenorians for LotR, include custom-mod Numenorian captains
13. - Setup a table for FoWSA - paper buildings, paper walls, foam trees, roads, tiles, fields, river
14. - Setup a game of Force on Force, with modern figures
3rd Priority - Would be nice to do, someday...
1. - Paint WMA Early Romans army
2. - Setup Wild West game using Wild West GW rules
3. - Build a sci-fi minis game using trimmed down GURPS rules, use Reaper scifi minis and possibly tyranids. Use as a test for Prime Directive game.
4. - Buy&Paint some Star Trek minis & play a Starfleet Commander game. Several players with different races vs. the Planet Killer, create characters as captain of each ship using GURPS, but include a card for each captain that offers some bonus in the game.
5. Setup a game of BattleSworn with pre-made warbands for convention game. Possibly use Oldhammer figs for warbands
6. HotT Empire army, paint the extra units (Warbands, Behemoth, fix bases)
7. Paint The Lord of the Rings Fellowship
8. Paint more Wood Elves for LotR; using colors that match the Mirkwood Rangers
I hope to play in more games but once per week seems like a very reasonable pace.
I won't worry about the number of followers this year. Instead, I'll just focus on posting more often. Do at least 30 posts in 2015.
I expect to be part of the MillenniumCon staff again this year. But for the rest of the year, I'd like to visit more conventions. My typical events are MillenniumCon, ChimeraCon, FoWSA. For 2015, I'd like to be attend other events such as OwlCon, ReaperCon, possibly GuadaComaCon and maybe even GenCon. Time and budget permitting of course.